The National Institute on Aging at the National Institutes of Health issues tips for older adults on eating healthy. The notion of eating healthy also includes making choices on the amount food eaten during a meal.
The tips include:
- Eating a variety of fruits and vegatables
- Including grains that are mostly whole grain in your diet
- Limiting consumption of solid fats and foods with additional sugar
- Eating foods with good fats, known as poly and monounsaturated fats.
- Eating seafood at least twice in your weekly diet
Here is the link for information from the National Institute on Aging at the National Institutes of Health: What’s On Your Plate